The Benevolent Dictator
Tonight’s post will be quite brief, but will probably provide a better picture of me than any post thus far. Basically, I will run down the first 10 things I would do if I were given total control of the
Before starting on the list, which will be quite brief, I just wanted to mention that I especially seek feedback on this post. I’m curious to know with how many of my 10 bullet points you agree. Additionally, in your comments, please “classify” yourself with some type of label. I’ll be interested to see the classifications of those who hardly ever agree with me, as well as the classifications of those who share my viewpoints.
OK, let’s get started.
1. Immediately end all political foreign aid. Immediately scale back humanitarian foreign aid.
2. Adopt a strict policy of non-intervention with respect to foreign conflicts. The
3. Recognize an absolute, unrestricted right to abortion, as well as a personal right to die.
4. Repeal any and all laws banning private, adult drug use.
5. Promote global free trade (including with countries that have poor human rights records) and eliminate as many tariffs as feasible.
6. End all forms of torture and end all forms of the death penalty.
7. Expand domestic oil drilling (especially ANWR), raise fuel efficiency standards and explore non-Middle Eastern foreign oil sources.
8. Repeal any and all obscenity/indecency laws.
9. Repeal any and all laws regulating private, consensual, adult sexual activity.
10. Transform healthcare from a public obligation to a private responsibility.
So those are my 10 key issues. What do you think? With how many of them do you agree? With what classification do you identify?
Would you agree that left-leaning libertarian is the most appropriate label for yours truly?